We want you to have a great day on the river. This starts with being prepared with a few things that the guide won’t be able to help you with.
We want you to be comfortable at all times during your trip. Your outfit will vary by season, but always remember that you will be wading in a cold river. You will be dry, but the water temperature is cold, so make sure you bring layers, no matter the season. Having layers will make your day much more enjoyable!
We have put together a small list of things recommended for your trip. As always if you have any questions feel free to give me a call or drop me an email.
- Sunblock, Chapstick, Polarized sunglasses.
- Extra dry clothes. Just in case you take an untimely dip.
- Camera – Please bring Your Own Camera. While Turning Stone’s Fly Fishing frequently takes photos of trophy fish, these are strictly for website use only. Turning stone’s Fly Fishing is not responsible for emailing photos to clients. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I recommend a disposable camera, digital cameras don’t work well after getting wet…we speak from experience!
- You are welcome to bring your own fly rod, but not mandatory. I supply all of your fly rods, reels, line leader tippet, flies, etc.
- Rain jacket
- You will need a North Carolina fishing license and trout stamp. A 10 day license is $10, a trout stamp is $10…which is a total of $20 per individual. You can buy on at any North Carolina Walmart, fly shop, many gas stations or at a bait and tackle stores. You must have license before going on your trip.
- Last but not least, an OPTIMISTIC ATTITUDE! After all, you will be fishing in the Great Smoky Mountains!